Google Search Engine for Greece



I recently read Genealogy Guide to Google Country Search Engines in the blog "Genealogy in Time".   They state that Google has country specific domains to deal with local regulations, etc.  and that genealogists can use it to our advantage when looking for country specific information and archives.  

I agree.  I did a few searches on the http://Google.gr search engine and the results were more closely related to what I was looking for.  When I do a search on the Google.com search engine I receive a million results and have to cull through page after page to try and find what I am looking for, many times giving up with no worthwhile results.


Try it.  Also, take the time to follow the link above and read the entire article "Genealogy Guide to Google Country Search Engines".  You will also find links to local search engines for 132 countries and translations.


Good luck with your Greek family history research.


Georgia Keilman nee Stryker (Stratigakos)
http://HellenicGenealogyGeek.com

Comments