Public Historical Library of Andritsaina - Greece



I want to thank George Koleas for posting the following information on the Hellenic Genealogy Geek Facebook group, and bringing it to my attention so that I could share it with all of you.

PUBLIC HISTORICAL LIBRARY OF ANDRITSANIA

"I recently learned that the Historical Archive of the Library in Andritsaina contains pre-revolutionary, revolutionary and post-revolutionary handwritten documents including:
• Manuscripts from the personal archive of Nikolaos Dimitrakopoulos
• Handwritten letters of 1821 warriors (Panagiotis Anagnostopoulos; Theodoros Kolokotronis; Panos, Gennaios and Markos Kolokotronis; Anagnostis and Panagiotis Kanellopoulos etc.)
• Manuscripts of Plapoutas family
• Minutes of the Peloponnesian Senate
• Manuscripts from the personal archive of Charalambos Christopoulos.
In the following link, you can find the biographies of revolutionary warriors. The biographies are in English
If anyone can read Greek and translate or know of an English translation, I would be very interesting in learning what is written in the manuscripts of Plapoutas family.
It amazes me that my Grandfather, Dimitris Koliopoulos, his friend, George Assimakopoulos, his sister, Nickoletta Koliopoulos and their uncle George Kavouras all listed Andritsiana as the last place they were before emigrating on their arrival records. I have passed through Andritsiana on my way to the family village Trypiti (Mpitzimpardi)."



Comments