Testing Family Artifacts to Obtain DNA Evidence for Genealogical Research



My DNA cousin, Jenny Chronopoulos, from Melbourne Australia just sent me these two very interesting articles.

Rumor has it that in January My Heritage will begin offering testing of stamps, envelopes, etc. to recapture DNA from deceased parents, grandparents.  I cannot find an official statement from My Heritage.

Apparently an Australian company is already doing the testing (referenced in articles.below).

"TESTING ARTIFACTS TO OBTAIN DNA EVIDENCE FOR GENEALOGICAL RESEARCH" by Blaine Bettinger, published on The Genetic Genealogist blog on 19 November 2018.

"HOW TO PRESERVE & TEST OLD LETTERS FOR GRANDMA'S DNA" by 
Denise May Levenick, published on The Family Curator blog on April 19, 2018.


PERSONAL NOTE:  I have letters from some of my grandparents siblings and would love to do this, but will wait until the price becomes more reasonable.

Comments