Families of Chios - GRANDES FAMILLES DE GRECE, D'ALBANIE, ET DE CONSTANTINOPLE


I recently received the book "GRANDES FAMILLES DE GRECE, D'ALBANIE, ET DE CONSTANTINOPLE" through the Inter-library loan program.  This book is written in French and was published in Paris in 1983.   I have it until July 22, 2010 when it must be returned.  I will be posting the Surnames listed in the book and am offering to do look-ups for those that request it.

The following names are not included in the Index listings previously posted.  These are in a separate section labeled "Families of Chios"


Good luck with your Greek family history research.
Georgia Keilman nee Stryker (Stratigakos)
---------


FAMILIES OF CHIOS

Agelasto
Argenti
Avierino (Avgherinos)
Calvocoressi
Casanova
Cavafy
Chrissoveloni
Damala
Franghiadi
Galati
Grimaldi
Massimo
Mavrogordato
Negroponte
Paspati
Petrocokino
Prassacachi
Psichari
Ralli
Rodocanachi
Roidi
Salvago
Scaramanga
Sechiari, Sekiaris
Scanavi
Sevastopoulo
Schilizzi, Skilitzi
Sgouta
Synadino
Polyxenios Synadino


Comments

  1. Do you still have access to the Chios information? I come from the Dullos family (sometimes spelled Dulos or Doulos in historical documents) from Chios. I can't find any information about our relatives there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need info on Stamati Tsouris born about 1870 Chios

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need info on Stamati Tsouris born about 1870 Chios

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about Karousis? Our papou, before he passed, mentioned that wasn't his original last name. We believe it was something else from the Italian population that was in Chios for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a descendent of Roidi from Andros. Could they be related? They were noblemen. How would I find out more?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also looking for info on Aspasia Matte or the Matte , Mattes family in Chios.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anything about Kolikias or Xenakis?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My grandfather's parents were both from Chios. My grandfather however was born in Fenar, Constantininople. His surname was Pangalos or Pagalos. I can't find any information about that name from Chios. Do you have any information about that name? His other surnames were Papayiannakis and Paparousakis or Paparosakis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was interested to see another name with my surname I use the 1st initial of my Christian name so I use celbro@outlook.com but I have no idea where the surname has orginated from (my penfriend of many years lives in Chios) now I have seen how beautiful the island is I must visit

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment