Families of Anavriti, Vryseon - Greece



Carol Kostakos Petranek, author of the Spartan Roots blog, has given permission for HellenicGenealogyGeek.com to reprint her June 10, 2015 post - Families of Anavriti, Vryseon.  This should enable the names to be more accessible for people doing Hellenic genealogy research on the internet.

-----


Families of Anavriti, Vryseon
Carol Kostakos Petranek, June 10, 2015

Last summer at the Sparta office of the General Archives of Greece, I was given permission to take digital images of pages of records of the Male Registers (Mitroon Arrenon) and Dimotologion (Town Registers) that listed names found in my family tree. I have created an index of the families of Anavriti, as found in the pages of the Male Registers that I obtained.

If your family name is listed below, please contact the GAK office in Sparta for assistance in obtaining copies of the records. The staff is kind and most helpful: Maria, Michalis, and K. Gavala speak English and are sincerely desirous to be of assistance.

The GAK office email address is: mail@gak.lak.sch.gr
The mailing address is:
GAK - Archives of Laconia
174 Vrasidou
Sparta 23100
Telephone:  27310-22884

Please note that this list is not complete, as I the pages I have are limited to my family names.

Adamakos
Adiaris
Aggelakos or Stamatakos
Alatsas
Alatsas or Stratakos
Alexandropoulos
Altomarianos
Altomirianos
Andiaris
Andrianopoulos
Andrikakos
Andritsakos
Androutsos
Apostolakos or Kourebetsis
Apostolakos
Argiropoulos
Arniotis
Asimakopoulos
Athanasopoulos
Bagiokos
Basalis
Binis
Binos
Boretsos
Boritsos
Chaidemenos
Chrisomalis
Chrisomallis
Christeas
Christofilis
Dekazos
Dimakos
Dimas
Dimitrakopoulos
Gavaris
Gavrilatos
Geneas
Georgopoulos
Gianeas
Giannakopoulos
Gianneas
Giannopoulos
Gioupis
Gogas
Gogkas
Goutos
Goykas
Grigorakos
Grivas
Grivelas
Ikonomopoulos
Kalamaras
Kalamaras or Venizelos
Kalamaris
Kalamas
Kalamvokis
Kalimeris
Kamarinos
Kamvasoulis
Kamvosoulis
Kanallakos
Kanelakis
Kanelakos
Kanellakis
Kanellakos
Kapsoulias
Karas
Kares
Karounas
Karounos
Karteroulis
Karvelas
Kasichtis
Katsichtis
Kerasiotis
Kerastotis
Kerkyris
Kirkiris
Klikizos
Kokozos
Komvosoulis
Korinas
Korinis
Koronios
Kosmopoulos
Kostakos
Kosteas
Kotsakos
Koumandaros
Koumandaros - Apostolakos
Koumvosoulis
Kourakos
Kourebetsis
Kourembetsis
Kousoulas
Koutras
Koutros
Kouzoulias
Kretsikas
Krikiris
Kritikos
Ladis
Ladopoulos
Lambrinos
Laskaris
Lazaris
Leouris
Liakeas
Likorezos
Likourezos
Linardos
Liouris
Livas
Lodopoulos
Loumakis
Lukourezos
Makeas
Maliakoulias
Maniatakos
Maniatis
Marinos
Maroukas
Mavrakis
Mavroukas
Mavroukos
Melas
Mergadis [or Pergandis]
Minakakis
Mitakeas
Mitrakos
Morfogenis
Moudroukos
Moundroukas
Mourtzinos
Moutroukas
Myionis?
Nykas
Pakidzis
Panagakos
Panagiotidis
Pandos
Papadakos
Paparoutsos
Pavlounis
Pergandis
Pergandis
Petrakos
Plevritis
Plevritis  Stamatel
Poulakos
Poumeliotis
Pournos
Pournos  Ikonomopoulos
Protogerakos
Protonendis
Psychopaidas
Rakidztis
Roumanis
Roumeliotis
Rozolis
Rozonatos
Sakelaridis or Vetzios
Sakellaridis
Sakkas
Sakkos
Samardzis
Sarandopoulos
Sarandoulias
Sigelakis
Siggelakis
Skokkos
Skokos
Skoparandzos
Sofianos
Sofianos or Linardos
Sotiropoulos
Soumakis
Spiridakos
Stamatakos
Stratakakos
Stratakos
Stratakos crossed out - Alatsas
Tichopaidis
Tragkas
Trivelis
Tsachalis
Tsafatinos
Tsaparas
Tsetsikas
Tsfadinos
Tsivelis
Tsororos
Tzaneteas
Tzegkos
Vagiokos
Velikas
Veroutis
Vlachakis
Vlachos
Vorilas
Zervos


Comments

  1. Thank you or this information! I am desperately trying to find out information about my great grandfather John Zervos, possibly from Sparta. I have emailed the address above and hope to get a reply. Thank you again for this very helpful tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol I see 3 out of 4 of my grandparents names there: Karounos, Chrisomalis, and Kalamaras (which our branch of the family spells Calamaras for some unknown reason). I also see many other familiar names from Brooklyn where I live: Geneas Vlahakis Grivas Pavlounis are some of them. I'm thrilled by this list. Evanthea K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, Again, your most amazing work and incredible contribution!
    I am still trying to figure out why I was told the name Anavriti was part of our family history.
    I understand your list above includes only your own family names, so t is possible that there could be other families such as my Econom family that may not be listed here. Thank you for the contact info so that I may explore further.
    My question for you, in connection with this list, is that I see you have a family relation to Korinis, a name that is also in my own family history. Does this mean we could be related, or is it too far removed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol, I don't see a message to you that I just published - perhaps I need to leave the screen and it will appear. Assuming it will, I looked at your list of names again and I see other names on your list as well that I are on my DNA matches on Ancestry and 23andMe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment