The Central Public Library of Sparta was founded in 1972. It is a public entity and belongs to the group of public libraries, which are supervised by the Ministry of National Libraries Section and Education.
The library, since 1989, housed in a private building in which the departments have grown to usable area 1500 sq. meters. On the ground floor there is a multipurpose hall of 230 seats, the use of which has been allocated at the Cultural Center of the Municipality of Sparta.