A Parish Profile for the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Lansing, Michigan was published in the June 2014 edition of the ORTHODOX OBSERVER - on page 21 of 40.
Here are a few excerpts:
Visitors to Holy Trinity Church might do a double take when, instead of seeing a dome, they view a steeple with a cross on top.
Lansing, the state capital, drew the first Greek Orthodox immigrants from several parts of Greece in the early 1900s when it was also an important center of the auto industry. . . .
The community grew and, by 1927, the city had about 250 Greek residents, according to a parish history. Twenty five individuals organized AHEPA Wolverine Chapter 142, which served as the catalyst for the parish. A Daughters of Penelope chapter also formed.
From almost the start, the parish was multi-ethnic, as other Orthodox Christians of Armenian, Lebanese, Serbian, Syrian and Russian origin also attended services, along with the core group of Greeks.