Director Asimakopoulos Shoots Film on Neighborhood of Greek Immigrants



April 7, 2014 the Greek Reporter - Canada published the article "Director Asimakopoulos Shoots Film on Neighborhood of Greek Immigrants" by Konstantinos Menzel.

"Greek-Canadian Montreal based director Tony Asimakopoulos decided to go the route of the ever-growing popular method of crowdfunding, so as to fund his most recent documentary project entitled "A Walk in Park Ex."

The latest project by director Asimakopoulos, who is renowned for his sold-out documentary "Fortunate Son," features the neighborhood Park Extension, the place where he was born to Greek immigrant parents and the place he moved back to after buying ah house.

"I feel Park Ex is on the cusp of major change and I want to take a cinematic snapshot of this point in time.  I'm making this film because I know that if I don't, one day, I will wish I had," said Asimakopoulos on his decision to shoot a film for this historic neighborhood, which has become the landing place for many immigrants coming from Greece. . . . "

Read the entire article 




Comments