Greek and Linked European Families
WOW, this is a great website. Managed by Steven Zannos, it includes over 22,771 names in this family tree, and over 2,300 photographs (the photo number is not exact but pretty close from what I can figure).
The following is taken from the website:
It's simple math. Every person has two parents, four grandparents and eight great-grandparents. Keep doubling back through the generations -- 16, 32, 64, 128 -- and within a few hundred years you have thousands of
ancestors. It's nothing more than exponential growth combined with the facts of life. By the 15th century you've got a million ancestors. By the 13th you've got a billion. Sometime around the 9th century --just 40 generations ago -- the number tops a trillion. But 1000 years ago (about 30 generations) Europe with Asia Minor population was no more than about 40 millions. The answer is intermarriages (marriage between relations).
So WE ARE ALL RELATED .
This is hard work of many experts and amateurs (see below Sources) merged together by me thanks to modern technology and thanks to my Mac.
All the persons are connected by blood relation or by marriage or many marriages.
1. JOHN JULIUS NORWICH, BYZANTIUM THE DECLINE AND FALL, VIKING, PENGUIN GROUP, 1995.
2. Mihail Dimitri STURDZA, GRANDES FAMILLES DE GRECE, Paris 1999.
3. Dimitris Rodocanachis, IOUSTINIANAI CHIOS, Syros 1900.
4. PHILIP P. ARGENTI, M.A., D. Litt. (Oxon.), B.C.L. (Athen), LIBRO D'ORO DE LA NOBLESSE DE CHIO, LONDON OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS 1955.
5. EUGENE RIZO RANGABE, LIVRE D'OR DE LA NOBLESSE IONIENNE, MAISON D'EDITIONS 'ELEFTHEROUDAKIS'
6. K.PAPARRIGOPOULOS, ISTORIA ELLINIKOU ETHNOUS, EKDIDOTAI YPO ANESTH KONSTANTINIDOY, EN ATHINAIS 1887
7. Miranda Zannou-Papadopoulou, MIA OIKOGENEIA, DYO AIONES, Athens 1998.
8. ISMENE GROHMANN, Schicksale und Lebenswege, Herausgegeben von Andreas Grohmann. Druck : Buchdruckerei und Verlag Busse, Herford. 1968.
9. G. KANDYLIS, TREIS OIKOGENEIES THS MEGALHS DIASPORAS, ERMHS ATHENS 1994.
10. Author:Admiral Yannos Yannikostas, H OIKOGENEIA MOY (Manuscript).
11. Author:Captain Yannis Maniatis, ISTOS, POROS Isl. (Electronic),
12. Author:Errikos Moatsos, MOAZZO di VENEZIA (Manuscript),
13. Author:? Baltadzis, OI BALTADZIDES (Manuscript).
14. Author:Nicolaos Tombazis, GENEALOGIKO DENDRO OIKOGENEIAS TOMBAZI, (Manuscript).
15. Author:Semiramis Pylarinou-Dragoumi, GENEALOGIKO DENDRO OIKOGENEIAS DRAGOUMI (Manuscript).
16. Author:Zoi Mitsotaki-Galiatsou, (Many Thanks to Mrs. Aristea Xanthoudaki, http://venizelos-foundation.gr/)
17. Panayotis D. Cangelaris - History and Genealogy http://www.cangelaris.com/gen.html
18. Λυδήριος, http://www.blogger.com/profile/01551050606830238524